1897

The Parish of Broome is officially established. Fr Nicholas D’Emo becomes the founding parish priest of Broome and assists in the setup of the first school for natives as well as the construction of Our Lady of Peace church in Weld St.

[acf_layouts_piksoul_shortcode]
Broome Diocese acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners and Elders, both past and present, of the lands on which Broome Diocese offices and operations are located.
crosschevron-leftchevron-right